Morgan Haines is a Senior Director in the Revenue Cycle Solutions division of Optum Advisory Services. As a Senior Director, Morgan oversees Optum’s revenue cycle consulting engagements with hospitals and health systems to improve their overall revenue cycle performance.
Morgan specializes in improving the patient financial experience, maximizing patient access impact, engaging physicians in documentation improvement initiatives, enhancing business office performance, and optimizing overall revenue cycle operations – in both the hospital and professional settings. Morgan has also helped partner hospitals and physician practices improve productivity and labor management.
Morgan has served a client base of more than 150 institutions including academic medical centers, community hospitals, large physician practices, and post-acute care facilities. A few of her clients include Intermountain Healthcare, Ochsner Health System, New York City Health & Hospitals Corporation, Avera Health, UT Southwestern, UMass Memorial Medical Center, Penn Medicine, and CHRISTUS Continuing Care.
Over the course of her career, Morgan has achieved impressive results for her clients:
- Improved overall revenue cycle performance at a 300-bed facility in the west. Results include 50% decrease in DNFB, 26% increase in first-pass yield, $965K incremental POS cash collection improvement, 51% decrease in AR
- Increased clinic and physician productivity (RVUs) by 15% on average as compared to MGMA standards
- Improved net revenue by more than $600K at a large physician network in the Midwest
- Generated $400K in accelerated cash collections in three months at a large home health and allied health organization in the south
- Trained more than 500 frontline staff members across the country on revenue cycle best practices and collection improvement tactics
- Reduced unbilled AR by 68% (12 days) at a home health organization in the southwest
Morgan holds a Bachelor of Science in Business from Wake Forest University.