Join veteran educator and HIM professional, Rebecca Harmon, MPM, RHIA, CCA for 2 one-hour sessions on Contact Tracing and earn up to 5 CEUs while you learn about this important work in collecting and compiling health information in support of Public Health. Earn 2 CEUs for class/hour participation and up to 5 CEUs should you complete the ancillary work assignments.
- Basic Contact Tracing protocol
- Role Contact Tracing plays in managing/controlling a public health crisis
- Ancillary work assignments to be completed prior to the November 4, 2020 class
- Review ancillary work assignments
- Role Contact Tracing plays in managing/controlling a public health crisis (cont)
- Importance of HIM-specific skills in public health
October 28, 2020
November 4, 2020
2.0 – Informatics, Analytics, and Data Use
Additional 3.0 CEUs available should you complete ancillary work assignments.
Rebecca Harmon, MPM, RHIA, CCA
Chief, Health Information Management Services
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
Rebecca Harmon returned to HIM practice in a leadership role after spending many years as an HIM educator. She presently leads the HIM department at VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System – an integrated delivery system with more than 500 beds and multiple care environments. Tapping her broad history of diverse healthcare experience that began with a tour of duty in the US Navy, Rebecca writes regularly and speaks on education, workforce issues, management and life. An energetic and engaging speaker, Ms. Harmon enjoys sharing her unique perspective with student, faculty, professional and community groups.