- Provide an overview of the Medicare Advantage (MA) risk adjustment model and concepts with an emphasis on ICD-10-CM documentation and coding for risk adjustment
- Define and describe MA risk adjustment and Hierarchical condition category (HCC) concept
- Discuss the importance of MA risk adjustment to providers and patients
- Discuss why MA risk adjustment HCC diagnosis documentation and coding are important to providers
- Discuss HCC diagnosis documentation and coding concepts
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
AHIMA CEUs that are CDI-related are accepted.
In order to access this course, you will need to click on the button labeled “Register for this Course“. Registration will close at 11:59 PM ET on September 30, 2023.
Already Purchased Course?
If you have already purchased this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
How Do I Receive the CE?
You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.
- For on-demand events, access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
- You will have 60 days to access the course. If your course has expired, and you need an extension, please contact us.
- You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.