You don’t want to miss this exciting Lunch and Learn Web-ex discussion with Kristi Fahy, Account Executive from DVS as she talks about Bridging the Gap between Coding and CDI!
The shift to value-based reimbursement means that both clinical documentation improvement (CDI) and coding accuracy are more important than ever before… and collaboration is key! Discover innovative approaches to bridging the gap between coding and CDI teams and how emerging technologies such as computer-assisted coding, artificial intelligence and machine learning are paving the way to a more efficient workflow!
- Highlight the individual coding and CDI processes and discuss where the two meet/cross over
- Introduce challenges that result from little to no collaboration between the teams
- Discuss common manual processes
- Introduce computer-assisted coding (CAC)
- Discuss benefits of using CAC that provides a collaborative and SINGULAR workspace for both coders and CDI specialists
- Workflow configurations
- Code suggestions powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Compare to traditional natural language processing technologies
- Reporting that reflects outcomes of each program as well as detailed productivity metrics
- Discuss outcomes of programs who use CAC vs. those who do not
November 13, 2019
CEU: 1.0 – Performance Improvement
Kristi Fahy, RHIA
Kristi Fahy is an Account Executive with DVS, a premier sales and support partner of Dolbey. Her career has been focused in HIM on supporting initiatives for clinical documentation improvement, coding and information governance. In her current role, Kristi is committed to positioning healthcare organizations for success through computer-assisted coding and CDI technologies. Prior to working at DVS, Kristi was a subject matter expert at AHIMA and developed key resources to promote and support the HIM profession. Kristi is an experienced presenter and has had the opportunity to speak at several national and local AHIMA conferences.