Virtual Vendor Showcase
Alliance HIM is proud to host a virtual “Vendor Showcase” and introduce you to four business partners that will share some information about their services and solutions. We all know this is a difficult time for all and that the focus on patient care and the safety of our healthcare workers takes first priority. However, as business gets back to a new normal or one of these solutions fills an immediate need, please think of us. Regardless, we hope you’ll learn something new from these vendors and expand your overall knowledge of Health Information Management.
DRG validation using physicians specially trained in coding
Demo of PrivacyPro, an automated privacy & security management tool – now including an assessment module
Interventional & Diagnostic Radiology Coding, Audits, and Education
Demo of a new radical software for interventional radiology coding
The Value of a Complete Quality Auditing Program
The dynamics of coding audits has shifted since ICD-10. With the shift comes changes in procedures, coding patterns and trends. Auditing offers an ideal avenue to understand and influence overall patient health, improve clinical documentation and enhance the fiscal health of a health care organization. This provides visibility and understanding of what areas need improvements and corrections.
Providers can help increase accurate reimbursement in a faster turnaround time and provide valuable education to your coders at the same time through auditing provider’s documentation in ensure accurate coding for billing. By reviewing where provider’s, can improve will provide deep insight into process improvement.
- Learn how your organization can achieve financial success, quality outcomes and avoid costly penalties.
- Discover how to build a coding audit program with the breadth and depth that fits your organization.
- Learn to incorporate a variety of chart selection methodologies into your program that result in the most complete, well-rounded compliance program.
- Review how documentation must support the DX listed on 1500-ICD-10 to provide greater specificity to ensure capturing appropriate codes
- Understand that coding applied by EHR systems is not always accurate and how to ensure accuracy.
- How can your organization achieve financial success, quality outcomes and avoid costly penalties
- How to build an effective audit program that fits your organization
- Chart selection
- Review documentation to support 1500 data
- Understanding how to ensure EHR systems are coding your correctly
SCHIMA Coding Roundtable
SCHIMA Coding Roundtable Coordinator and Lead will review coding scenarios and guidelines for ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT based on member feedback in 2019 and 2020. Attendees may also present coding questions for review during this session.
Friday, April 24, 2020
3.0 – Evolving Topics, Data Structure, Content and Information Governance
Angela J. Knight
Angela J. Knight has been a Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance Supervisor and a Quality Assurance Lead at nThrive. In these roles, Angela manages auditors for global, profee and apprentice coders, has implemented a dual coding audit system for ICD9 and ICD10, oversaw I10 Education for Colleagues on the account which included weekly roundtable discussions, trained all new QA Specialists, oversaw the daily operations of seven QA Specialists, and served as liaison between Client and nThrive Coding/QA colleagues. She also has served as an ICD10 Coach for nThrive. Angela has over 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
Nancy Lindberg, RHIT, CCS
Nancy Lindberg serves as the Manager of Consulting Services at LexiCode and is a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) and Certified Coding Specialist (CCS). She is responsible for coordinating and managing audits from start to finish, acting as the liaison throughout the audit process, as well as providing results and education tailored to the needs of each client. Nancy has over 30 years’ experience in the Health Information Management/Coding environment. During her HIM career, she has served as a medical record transcriptionist, inpatient/outpatient coder, adjunct professor, auditor and manager.