Chief Financial Officers Business Office Managers HIM/Coding Students
|Health Information Managers|
Coders Reimbursement Specialist Revenue Cycle Managers
Quality Coordinators (CDI) Documentation Specialist
- Examine the changes in ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes and guidelines (additions, revisions, deletions)
- Discuss ICD-10 impact on MS-DRGs and MDC assignment
- Present methods for physician education regarding the coding/DRG changes that could be affected by documentation
- Examine regulatory changes related to present on admission (POA), and medical review criteria for inpatient admission
- Participants will provide FY21 ICD-10-CM/PCS coding scenario and questions for preview and/or bring questions with them onsite. Scenarios will be discussed, and coding guidelines reviewed for correct CM and PCS code selection based on available information.
Recorded September 9, 2020
FY 2021 New ICD-10-CM Codes/Coding Guidelines Revisions/CDI/POA Discussion
Recorded September 10, 2020
FY 2021 New ICD-10-PCS Codes and Coding Guidelines
FY 2021 MS-DRG Grouper Changes
September 9 – 10, 2020
4.0 – Data Structure, Content and Information Governance
Katherine Isbell, RHIA, CDIP, CCS, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Kathy is the Education Services Manager at LexiCode and a subject matter expert in the ICD-9 and ICD-10-CM/PCS Classification systems, MS-DRG and other payment methodologies, anatomy, surgical procedures and disease process for coding. She is an AHIMA FORE Scholarship recipient, a Phi Theta Kappa honors graduate from the CPCC Health Information Technology program in Charlotte, North Carolina, and an honor graduate from the University of Kansas Health Information Management program. During her coding career, she has worked as a coder, consultant, auditor and educator. She is a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), and an AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer. A teacher before entering the Health Information field, she brings a passion for learning and sharing information about coding.
Nancy Lindberg serves as the Manager of Consulting Services at LexiCode and is a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) and Certified Coding Specialist (CCS). She is responsible for coordinating and managing audits from start to finish, acting as the liaison throughout the audit process, as well as providing results and education tailored to the needs of each client. Nancy has over 30 years’ experience in the Health Information Management/Coding environment. During her HIM career, she has served as a medical record transcriptionist, inpatient/outpatient coder, adjunct professor, auditor and manager.