This course is designed to provide PA trauma registrars with a better understanding of coding head injuries and answering PTOS data elements related to head injuries.
Be sure to download the session handout prior to viewing the presentation.
This session is approximately 45 minutes long.
- Review process of coding head injuries in Tri-Code encoder, assigning codes to both ICD-10-CM and AIS 2005 (2008 Update)
- Understand need to reference both code sets; different rules and code differently
- Understand how to enter the narrative injury descriptions and the limitations of the encoder
- Review appropriate abstraction for other registry elements related to head injury
- Review procedure coding recommendations for select surgical and imaging procedures
October 30, 2019
1.00 – Sponsored by PTSF
Gabrielle T Wenger, RHIT, CPC, CSTR, CAISS
Trauma Registry Auditor
Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation