Payment uncertainty in the U.S. healthcare system has become an exhaustive burden for all stakeholders — and further amplified by COVID-19. Healthcare costs and inconsistent volumes demand a holistic, long-term strategy for financial viability. At the same time, legislative reform and regulatory attempts to address shortfalls in quality, cost, and outcome have stalled, perpetuating inefficiencies and burdensome rules that add expenses instead of removing them. This session will offer effective strategies to help healthcare providers protect their earned revenue and empower frictionless, positive patient experiences. Hear from Jonathan G Wiik, author of the book, Healthcare Evolution: Helping Providers Get Paid in an Era of Uncertainty, as an overview of the complex US healthcare payment system is unpacked.
By way of this course, you’ll be able to
- Define application methodologies from those who have demonstrated revenue protection excellence
- Apply battle-tested workflows and solutions to problems like underpayments, denials and patient affordability
- Articulate approaches leveraged by providers to adapt and meet the challenges presented by current market dynamics
- List innovative, futurist ideas to manage access, risk, cost, regulation, revenue cycle and payment strategies
Revenue Cycle Management
Pricing After January 27, 2023:
Other CSA AHIMA Member/Non-Member
PHIMA Student Member
Other CSA AHIMA Student Member/Student Non-Member
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
AHIMA CEUs that are CDI-related are accepted.
In order to access this course, you will need to click on the button labeled “Register for this Course“. Registration will close at 11:59 PM ET on December 31, 2023.
Already Purchased Course?
If you have already purchased this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
How Do I Receive the CE?
You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.
- For on-demand events, access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
- You will have 60 days to access the course. If your course has expired, and you need an extension, please contact us.
- You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.