On-Demand Virtual Event
- Analyze how health data is collected via artificial intelligence
- Analyze how specific factors (determinants) can add to health equity
- Explain how improvements in AI advance health equity
Many of us are unaware just how much artificial intelligence has become integral in our lives. In healthcare, for example, AI helps clinical decision-making, helps identify operational needs within health systems, and aids consumers in improving health outcomes. So, why is there a problem?
There are no problems, only opportunities. We understand how machine learning (ML) creates what we term “artificial intelligence” however we as users are able to determine what becomes the machine’s focus. By adding in social determinants of health (SDH) from all stakeholders, we are able to improve AI. When we improve AI, we advance health equity, creating better outcomes for all.
Informatics, Analytics and Data Use
Other CSA AHIMA Member/Non-Member
PHIMA Student Member
Other CSA AHIMA Student Member/Student Non-Member
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
AHIMA CEUs that are CDI-related are accepted.
In order to access this course, you will need to click on the button labeled “Register for this Course.“
Already Purchased Course?
If you have already purchased this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
How Do I Receive the CE?
You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.
- For on-demand events, access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
- You will have 60 days to access the course. If your course has expired, and you need an extension, please contact us.
- You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.