With payer denials on the rise, is your organization receiving complete reimbursement? Clinical and coding downgrades of DRGs are common, and have a significant impact on revenue cycles. In this session, we’ll define the different types of denial issues from payers and learn how to distinguish them, plus identify core reasons for DRG changes and offer up ways to effectively appeal these changes.
- Describe the different types of denials
- Identify core reason for DRG changes/denials
- Describe the most effective resources to effectively appeal
Data Structure, Content and Information Governance
NHIMA Student Member
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
AHIMA CEUs that are CDI-related are accepted.
Registration has closed for this course.
Already Purchased Course?
If you have already purchased this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
How Do I Receive the CE?
You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.
- For on-demand events, access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
- You will have 60 days to access the course. If your course has expired, and you need an extension, please contact us.
- You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.