On-Demand Virtual Event
In the last few months there has been a tremendous increase in media coverage of artificial intelligence (AI). Generative AI applications, deep learning neural networks and quantum computing are being hailed as the next big breakthrough in how we think, live and work. Beyond the hype, however, what are the implications for healthcare in general and health information management (HIM) specifically? How can we understand AI technologies and how they affect our work so that we can help guide the appropriate and ethical use of AI in healthcare? This presentation will present attendees with an overview of AI, current uses in healthcare and HIM, and encourage continued conversation and learning on the topic for Health Information professionals.
After participating in this session, attendees should be able to:
- Define key terms: artificial intelligence, machine learning, algorithm
- Explain how an algorithm works and provide examples
- Discuss the clinical and administrative uses of AI in healthcare
- Identify positive and negative outcomes for the use of AI in healthcare
NHIMA Student Member
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
AHIMA CEUs that are CDI-related are accepted.
In order to access this course, you will need to click on the button labeled “Register for this Course.“ Registration will close at 11:59 PM CT on January 1, 2024.
Already Purchased Course?
If you have already purchased this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
How Do I Receive the CE?
You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.
- For on-demand events, access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
- You will have 60 days to access the course. If your course has expired, and you need an extension, please contact us.
- You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.