Coding professionals know that while December’s primary focus is the holiday season, it also is the time to become familiar with the CPT code changes that will be implemented on January 1, 2022. This year join AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer, Dianna Foley, as she shares the latest additions, revisions, and significant deletions that CPT has in store. Some of the highlights include:
- Coding for closed treatment for nasal bone fractures
- Verbiage change for some spinal procedures
- Adjustable balloon continence device procedures
- New codes for hypoglossal nerve neurostimulator procedures
- New codes for thermal destruction of basivertebral nerves
So, take an hour out of the hectic holiday season, and prepare for the New Year’s CPT codes!