21st Century Cures Act: Information Blocking Provisions for Healthcare Providers
Sabrina Wilferd, BSN, RN-BNC, CPHIMS
Director, Regulatory Compliance
• Information Blocking – What is it, and why does it matter?
• Who must comply, and what are the penalties for non compliance?
• What data must be accessible electronically?
• How does this relate to current HIPAA Privacy Rule requirements?
• What are the exceptions to the Information Blocking provisions?
• What should providers be doing to ensure compliance?
Our THIMA President, Laritha Boone, MBA, HCM, RHIA will also be joining us to provide an AHIMA/THIMA update.