Live Virtual Event
Clinical Documentation Integrity Programs have become ingrained in most hospitals and health systems, designed, and intended to improve reimbursement through the physician query process. Physician queries are the hallmark and fundamentals of the CDI profession, becoming more predominant as CDI programs deploy advanced CDI software utilizing some form of Artificial Intelligence. Key Performance Indicators that are currently used to measure performance of CDI programs incorporate task-based CDI activities versus role-based approaches to physician documentation improvement/integrity. By focusing upon reimbursement-based outcomes versus true physician documentation process improvement, measurable meaningful sustainable physician documentation is not being achieved. In many instances, CDI programs are generating and contributing to costly self-inflicted payer denials. Assessing the real performance of a CDI program using a “Role Based” approach to CDI is instrumental in evaluating the “Real” Return on Investment of any CDI program. This is the first step in identifying transformative processes CDI must embrace and incorporate into current CDI operatives to drive sustainable integrity in physician documentation in support of net patient revenue less prone to denials and costly financial takebacks.
- Learn and Determine whether Current CDI Programs are Revenue Generators or Cost Centers
- Construct a Checkoff Tool to Evaluate your CDI Program- A Framework for Measuring Real Performance
- Plan and Develop a Mission and Vision of CDI- Aligning with the Revenue Cycle
- Understand, Define, and Apply the ‘4Rs” for CDI Transformation & Redirection
- Change and Transform the Landscape of CDI Programs-A “Team Based Approach”
- Evaluate and Compare Physician Documentation Software vs. CDI Software- Making the Right Choice
Due to a speaker conflict, this webinar has been rescheduled for October 19, 2023.
October 19, 2023
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CST
* This is a live webinar only.
Revenue Cycle Management
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
AHIMA CEUs that are CDI-related are accepted.
In order to access this course, you will need to click on the button labeled “Register for this Course.“ Registration will close at 12:00 PM CT on October 19, 2023.
Webinar Access Instructions
The live webinar access instructions will be included in the confirmation email that you will receive after you register.
How Do I Receive the CE?
During the week following the live webinar, all paid registrants will receive an email with the CE.
- For on-demand events, access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
- You will have 60 days to access the course. If your course has expired, and you need an extension, please contact us.
- You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.