This presentation will identify the various ICD-10-CM codes pertaining COVID-19 diagnosis and their coding guidelines. The presentation will look at the 2021 coding guidelines for COVID-19 as well. It will also demonstrate how the documentation plays an important role in code selection for COVID-19 reporting. The presentation will also look at common manifestations associated with COVID-19. The presentation will also identify the modifier’s associated with hospital outpatient testing and described when they are used. The presentation will include a high level overview of the CPT procedures associated with COVID-19 testing. By the end of this session, the participant will be able to have a better understanding of the COVID-19 coding guidelines and select an appropriate diagnosis code for COVID-19.
- Review the differences between the 2020 and 2021 coding guidelines
- Identify when a query would be necessary with COVID-19
- Recognize common manifestations routinely associated with COVID-19
- Discuss the modifiers associated with COVID-19 testing in the hospital setting.
- Describe the CPT codes associated with COVID-19 testing
September 9, 2020
1.0 – Data Structure, Content and Information Governance