Databases are a huge part of our daily work as Health Information Management professionals. Whether we realize it or not, they’re behind everything from service and diagnosis code selection in an EHR, to denials tracking and trending, to the Master Patient Index at your local hospital. So, how do they work? What makes a database accurate, efficient, and clean? Join us as we discover how even something as technical as a database can be beautiful.
At the conclusion of this webinar, attendees will:
- Recognize what elements are critical in a successful database
- Understand why databases are important and how they are used in day-to-day HIM tasks
- Explore the basic analytical capabilities of common programs such as Microsoft Excel and Access
Informatics, Analytics and Data Use
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
AHIMA CEUs that are CDI-related are accepted.
In order to access this course, you will need to click on the button labeled “Register for this Course.“
Already Purchased Course?
If you have already purchased this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
How Do I Receive the CE?
You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.
- For on-demand events, access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
- You will have 60 days to access the course. If your course has expired, and you need an extension, please contact us.
- You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.