Discover the top trends in disclosure management in 2023. Further roll-out of the 21st Century Cures Act, the proposed modifications to the HIPAA Privacy Rule along with a hybrid workforce and the growing increase in digital requests and delivery are all having a direct impact on HIM operations and require organization-wide changes in 2023 and beyond. Hear from a Baptist Healthcare HIM leader with first-hand knowledge of the steps she has taken to prepare for these challenges and how disclosure management technology and having the right vendor partner has supported her to ensure her organization is compliant now and in the future. Learn what areas are seeing the biggest impact and recommended next steps to take for your organization.
- Hear from a Baptist HIM leader on the impact of recent regulatory changes as well as hybrid workforces has impacted their disclosure management operations.
- Learn steps taken by Baptist to ensure compliance with the proposed HIPAA changes and the 21st Century Cures Act to ensure entire medical records are made available to patients upon request and within the proposed 15-day timeframe.
- Learn how technology advances in ROI can help meet the demands the new changes will place on ROI operations.
Organizational Management and Leadership
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
AHIMA CEUs that are CDI-related are accepted.
In order to access this course, you will need to click on the button labeled “Register for this Course.“ Registration will close at 11:59 PM ET on March 31, 2024.
Already Purchased Course?
If you have already purchased this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
How Do I Receive the CE?
You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.
- For on-demand events, access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
- You will have 60 days to access the course. If your course has expired, and you need an extension, please contact us.