Attend this session to learn about genitourinary procedures and how the 2023 additions to the PCS code set make coding easier for some GU procedures. This presentation will clarify the details on assigning reconstruction of GU structures using isolated segments of intestines, including correctly coding isolated segment bypasses. We’ll also cover hand-assisted procedures and many procedures performed on the Urinary, Male and Female Reproductive Systems.
After the training today, attendees be able to:
- Identify the body parts assigned to the genitourinary systems of Urinary, Male and Female Reproductive.
- Apply the definitions of the devices and qualifiers unique to these systems.
- Apply knowledge of root operations to procedures performed and identify procedure details that support the root operation decisions for these systems.
- Analyze operative report documentation to correctly assign all ICD-10-PCS characters for codes associated with the genitourinary systems.
Data Structure, Content and Information Governance
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
AHIMA CEUs that are CDI-related are accepted.
In order to access this course, you will need to click on the button labeled “Register for this Course“. Registration will close at 11:59 PM CT on July 1, 2023.
Already Purchased Course?
If you have already purchased this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
How Do I Receive the CE?
You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.
- For on-demand events, access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
- You will have 60 days to access the course. If your course has expired, and you need an extension, please contact us.
- You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.