This presentation will deliver information from an auditor’s perspective in order to enhance the audience’s understanding of compliant coding. Tips on avoiding documentation traps will also be covered and the audience will be given a sneak preview into 2021 E/M changes.
- Quantify the three key components; history, exam and decision making, and identify obscure information that may impact code selection
- Recognize the nature of the presenting problem’s influence on code selection and how it relates to audit response/medical necessity
- Identify those cases that are better represented by time-based codes
- Coders and auditors working with professional (physician) coding and claims
- Anyone interested in or would like more information about E/M coding for professional (physician) coding and claims
February 6, 2020
CEU: 2.0 – Data Structure, Content and Information Governance
Linda Duckworth, CHC, CPC,
Executive Managing Consultant and Compliance Officer
SCBI, Inc., Grain Valley, MO
Linda Duckworth has over 30 years of experience in Healthcare ranging from practice management to auditing, education and compliance. She is a featured speaker for the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehab (AAPM&R) at their annual assemblies and has developed an online education series for their physician membership. She is well acquainted with the billing regulations of larger academic institutions and smaller Rural Health Care centers. At present, she is an Executive Managing Consultant and Compliance Officer with SCBI where she concentrates her efforts on regulatory issues, audit response, both large and small scale, and litigation support. Linda holds certifications in both compliance and coding and is a former national advisory board member to the AAPC.