This webinar will do a deep dive into degenerative hip disease in order to provide a thorough understanding of this disease. During the first part of this webinar, Dr. Akinbo reviews the causes of degenerative hip disease and courses of treatment. He also includes a discussion of three case studies and a review of scholarly articles supporting Orthopedic decision-making. During the second part of this webinar, Alicia Kellogg reviews Coding and CDI concepts to be aware of when reviewing degenerative hip disease cases.
- Understand causes and treatments of degenerative hip disease.
- Learn what to look for in a chart from a Coding and CDI perspective.
- Apply strategies to maximize DRG and CMI of Orthopedic cases.
- Review ICD-10-PCS and CPT coding of hip procedures for treatment of degenerative hip disease.
Since this is a pre-recorded presentation, questions will not be able to be addressed during the presentation. If attendees would like to submit a question to Dr. Akinbo or Alicia Kellogg, please include your question with your email address in the Comment section of the Survey which you will receive following the presentation.
Published January 25, 2021
KHIMA/AHIMA Member: $25
# of CEs: 1.0 – Data Structure, Content and Information Governance
- You will need to access each of the session pages under Course Content before the CE will be available for you to download.
- All sessions will appear on the CE. Only report the sessions for which you have listened.
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
In order to access this course, you will need to select the blue button in the right column labeled “Register for this Course“.
Already Purchased Course?
If you have already purchased this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be provided within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
Once the course is completed, you will have the ability to download the CE certificate.