This webinar will discuss the compliance, privacy and information security concerns related to telehealth services. It will be an overview of what telehealth looked like before the COVID-19 pandemic and the public health emergency. It will cover some of the changes that occurred with the pandemic and provide insight into to what healthcare organizations should be looking out for as the country transitions out of the pandemic. It will also discuss the enforcement efforts by government regulators tied to telehealth fraud during the pandemic.
- Understanding the compliance risks associated with telehealth that resulted from PHE
- Identify the compliance concerns and what to think about as the country transitions out of the PHE
- Recommend training for providers as the organization transitions out of the PHE
Information Protection: Access, Disclosure, Archival, Privacy and Security
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
AHIMA CEUs that are CDI-related are accepted.
In order to access this course, you will need to click on the button labeled “Register for this Course“. Registration will close at 11:59 PM CT on December 31, 2022.
Already Registered for the Course?
If you have already registered for this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following registration.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
How Do I Receive the CE?
You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.
- For on-demand events, access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
- You will have 60 days to access the course. If your course has expired, and you need an extension, please contact us.
- You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.