We live in a digital age where data is collected in masses. This data can be leveraged by HIM professionals for strategic planning, financial planning, improving daily operations, supporting customer relations, and investigating product efficacy, among other purposes. Healthcare organizations have recognized the power of data and analytics to support the success of their businesses. However, many organizations are left pondering how to capitalize on the opportunity that data offers. There exists a need to identify the most effective tools and resources to make the most of their data. The purpose of this presentation is to examine how healthcare organizations and HIM professionals can leverage data as an asset. The current trends and challenges related to data and analytics will be explored and recommendations on how to overcome those challenges will be offered. Attendees will be left with a better understanding of the strategies to maximize the use of data and analytics.
- Illustrate the healthcare trends related to data and analytics
- Articulate methods and strategies to maximize the use of data
- Summarize ways to overcome challenges related to data and analytics
Informatics, Analytics and Data Use
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
AHIMA CEUs that are CDI-related are accepted.
In order to access this course, you will need to click on the button labeled “Register for this Course“. Registration will close at 11:59 PM CT on July 1, 2023.
Already Purchased Course?
If you have already purchased this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
How Do I Receive the CE?
You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.
- For on-demand events, access instructions for the course will be emailed to you within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
- You will have 60 days to access the course. If your course has expired, and you need an extension, please contact us.
- You must click on the button labeled “Mark Complete” at the bottom of each course page before the CE will appear on the My Certificates page.