January 15, 2021
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM ET
- 2021 OPPS and CPT Coding Updates
- Changes in E/M and Surgery including instructional notes
- Selective changes in Medicine, Category III, and HCPCS II as well as APC pass-through devices
3.0 – Data Structure, Content and Information Governance
Linda Holtzman, MHA, RHIA, CC, CCS-P, CPC, COC
Clarity Coding, Inc.
Linda has been a professional medical record coder for over 30 years for both hospital and physician records in inpatient and outpatient settings.
In addition to a Master’s degree in Health Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management, Linda is an RHIA and holds multiple professional coding credentials from AHIMA and AAPC.
Before moving into consulting, Linda spent 18 years in the Provider Audit and Payment departments for two Blue Cross plans, working on both technical and managerial levels. This included creating, performing and managing programs for:
– code-based reimbursement fee schedules
– physician and hospital claim audits, eg. CPT fee schedule audits, DRG audits, cosmetic audits
– customer disputes on the nature of services rendered by providers
– code-related edits for medical policy and claims processing systems
This scope of experience from the payer perspective allows Linda a broad view of coding and its impact at all stages of the billing and reimbursement process.
For ten years, Linda was also an adjunct associate professor in the College of Public Health at a Temple University, where she taught CPT coding, a 4-credit course required for undergraduates in certain majors.
Linda is a published author on coding topics. She contributed the Coding Ethics chapter to the third edition of the textbook “Ethical Informatics” (previously “Ethical Challenges in the Management of Health Information”) edited by Laurinda Harman, PhD, RHIA. Linda is co-author of “Accuracy of Coding in the Hospital Acquired Conditions–Present on Admission Program” prepared for CMS.
In 2001, Linda founded Clarity Coding Inc, a consulting group specializing in providing a wide range of coding support services for medical device manufacturers including creation of new ICD-10 and CPT codes.