At the completion of this educational activity, the learner will be able to:
- Understand HCCs and the importance across all care settings
- Understand Documentation and coding guidelines as it relates to HCCs
- Learn suggested steps on developing an HCC program
- What is Risk Adjustment?
- What are HCCs?
- Overview of the CMS-HCC Model
- HCC documentation requirements for reporting/coding
- Example HCC/RAF score scenario
- Developing a program to improve HCC Capture Summary
June 28, 2019
CEU: 1.0 – Clinical Data Management
Lori Matherne, RHIA, CCS
Lori Matherne, RHIA, CCS is a Solutions Sales Executive with 3M Health Information Systems. She is a subject matter expert on 3M Health Information Systems revenue cycle products. Previously, she was a 3M consultant for documentation assessments, CDI program implementations and coding validations in addition to product implementation and management. She has more than 30 years of experience in inpatient and outpatient coding, HIM management as well as clinical documentation improvement. Lori is a 1988 graduate of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette with a degree in Health Information Management Administration, and earned her CCS in 2000.