About the Course
Published: March 28, 2019
At the completion of this educational activity, the learner will be able to:
- Define data, data analysis, information and knowledge management.
- Identify key contributors of data in various healthcare settings.
- Clearly distinguish the difference between Reason Code, Issue and Root Cause.
- Determine which data elements are relevant for analysis.
- Establish an action plan based on the information obtained from data analysis (including reports and key stakeholders).
Tracey A. Tomak, RHIA, PMP
Director, Project Management and Client Engagement, Intersect Healthcare
Tracey Tomak is a Registered Health Information Administrator and Project Management Professional with over 20 years of experience in revenue cycle with a focus on hospital coding, charge capture and denials management.
In her current role as Director, Project Management and Client Engagement, Tracey is responsible for coordinating project implementation of Intersect Healthcare’s Veracity software. Tracey works directly with clients to ensure that they are fully utilizing the Veracity software in order to effectively manage commercial and government audits and denials.
Tracey is an active member of IHIMA, serving as the Nominating Committee Chair for the 2018-19 year. Tracey is a regular guest speaker, lecturer and author on revenue topics such as the Medicare Two-Midnight Rule, RAC and other audit activity, roles within the revenue cycle for health information management professionals, APCs, denial prevention methodology and clinical documentation improvement trends.
Purchase the Course
Click here to register.
Access to the Course
Access instructions to the recording will be provided within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course content.
On demand webinars are non-refundable.