About the Course
June 18, 2020
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET
The dynamics of coding audits has shifted since ICD-10. With the shift comes changes in procedures, coding patterns and trends. Auditing offers an ideal avenue to understand and influence overall patient health, improve clinical documentation and enhance the fiscal health of a health care organization. This provides visibility and understanding of what areas need improvements and corrections.
Providers can help increase accurate reimbursement in a faster turnaround time and provide valuable education to your coders at the same time through auditing provider’s documentation in ensure accurate coding for billing. By reviewing where provider’s, can improve will provide deep insight into process improvement.
- Learn how your organization can achieve financial success, quality outcomes and avoid costly penalties.
- Discover how to build a coding audit program with the breadth and depth that fits your organization.
- Learn to incorporate a variety of chart selection methodologies into your program that result in the most complete, well-rounded compliance program.
- Review how documentation must support the DX listed on 1500-ICD-10 to provide greater specificity to ensure capturing appropriate codes
- Understand that coding applied by EHR systems is not always accurate and how to ensure accuracy.
- How can your organization achieve financial success, quality outcomes and avoid costly penalties
- How to build an effective audit program that fits your organization
- Chart selection
- Review documentation to support 1500 data
- Understanding how to ensure EHR systems are coding your correctly
Angela J. Knight
Angela J. Knight has been a Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance Supervisor and a Quality Assurance Lead at nThrive. In these roles, Angela manages auditors for global, profee and apprentice coders, has implemented a dual coding audit system for ICD9 and ICD10, oversaw I10 Education for Colleagues on the account which included weekly roundtable discussions, trained all new QA Specialists, oversaw the daily operations of seven QA Specialists, and served as liaison between Client and nThrive Coding/QA colleagues. She also has served as an ICD10 Coach for nThrive.
Ms. Knight has over 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry. Prior to joining nThrive in 2013, Angela held Manager, Supervisor and Lead positions in healthcare organizations. As an HIM professional, she has an extensive background in coding with focus on documentation improvement in regards to its effect on coding accuracy. She is a motivated self-starter with strong organizational and communication skills. Angela also assisted a 600-bed major academic teaching hospital with the ICD10 implementation for HIM and Clinical documentation. She performed chart reviews for documentation issues regarding ICD10 and utilized this data to update templates in the electronic health record. As well as provided ICD10 education to the coders, CDI staff and physicians within the organization.
Purchase the Course
Click here to register.
AHIMA Member: $20
Access to the Course
Access instructions will be included in confirmation email.
For technical support with the webinar please contact [email protected].
This webinar will be available on-demand. This means that webinar will be recorded and sent out to all paid registrants, even if they register after the live webinar has occurred, or if they cannot make the time and date set for the live webinar.
On demand webinars are non-refundable.