Increasing interest in outpatient clinical documentation improvement (CDI) programs is pervasive throughout the health care community as more and more facilities jump on the bandwagon. With this increasing interest, there is a critical need to insure programs are created, developed and implemented for the right reason, goals, objectives and visions. A strong, conceptualized understanding of the key elements of a successful outpatient CDI program is a prerequisite for development and implementation of a sustainable physician engaged program. This webinar will utilize a real case study at a two-hospital health care system to showcase and outline the steps and processes necessary to insure the development, planning and rollout of an organized, well-planned outpatient CDI program that creates a vision of inspiration for physicians to become willing participants in the programs.
Attendees will be able to successfully articulate the ideal goals, objectives and mission for implementing an effective outpatient CDI program that truly inspires physicians to improve the quality and completeness of the communication of patient care for all the right reasons.
Participants will be empowered to perform the following at the conclusion:
- Define and practically apply appropriate meaningful goals, objectives and mission of the outpatient CDI program;
- Assess current immediate needs and clinical areas ripe for improvement in communication of patient care;
- Plan, organize and develop a reasonable roadmap from start to finish on how to implement an effective sustainable outpatient CDO model that truly moves the needle on accurate and complete communication of patient care for the right reasons; and
- Design the structural foundations and operational processes necessary to insure the sustainability of initial creation and rollout efforts in outpatient CDI.
Published January 21, 2021
- Members and Non-Members: $49
# of CEs: 1.5 – Organizational Management and Leadership
- You will need to access each of the session pages under Course Content before the CE will be available for you to download.
- All sessions will appear on the CE. Only report the sessions for which you have listened.
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
In order to access this course, you will need to select the blue button in the right column labeled “Register for this Course“.
Already Purchased Course?
If you have already purchased this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be provided within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
Once the course is completed, you will have the ability to download the CE certificate.