Agility has become a fundamental requirement for positional leaders in the complex systems of healthcare and has been made more challenging as leaders navigate the social systems and financial impacts of the pandemic. This presentation will discuss how leaders can integrate an understanding of volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity (VUCA) leadership theories, develop agility to navigate their work and plan for the new normal. VUCA is a practical code for awareness and readiness. Beyond the simple acronym is a body of knowledge that deals with learning models for VUCA preparedness, anticipation, evolution and intervention.
Participants will learn:
- How to appreciate how VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity) can be harnessed to leverage change
- What it means to incorporate agility into professional practice
- The importance of building relationships across boundaries and how to promote change within systems despite (and because of) VUCA within the context of a pandemic
- There will be time set aside for participant discussion and sharing of ideas about integrating these concepts toward lasting change.
Published January 7, 2021
- AHIMA Member: $49
- Non-Member: $49
# of CEs: 1.5 – Organizational Management and Leadership
- You will need to access each of the session pages under Course Content before the CE will be available for you to download.
- All sessions will appear on the CE. Only report the sessions for which you have listened.
This educational offering has been approved for continuing education credit for use in fulfilling the continued education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
In order to access this course, you will need to select the blue button in the right column labeled “Register for this Course“.
Already Purchased Course?
If you have already purchased this course, then you will need to sign in to access and then click on the session(s) listed under Course Content.
Access instructions for the course will be provided within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
You will have 60 days to access the course after access has been granted.
Once the course is completed, you will have the ability to download the CE certificate.