During the pandemic, health information has taken on a large role in support of healthy financials and CMS compliance for skilled nursing facilities and long-term psychiatric facilities. Discover the impact of the COVID-19 emergency declaration blanket waivers for long-term healthcare providers with focus on documentation that supports reimbursement, legal risks and compliance.
Participants will review key quality improvements processes, resident rights, gradual dose reduction and regulatory requirements for psychiatric medications. Real life challenges and solutions encountered when implementing the Public Health Emergency blanket waivers will be shared. Key quality improvement regulatory and compliance strategies addressing the new COVID-19 survey and CMS focus will be highlighted.
The presenters will unpack the following hot topics:
• Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) completion
• Telehealth: physician, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, consultants and therapists
• Physician services: face-to-face visits
• Quality assurance and performance improvement (QAPI) focus on adverse events and infection control
• Extended time frame for providing copies of medical records
• Documentation challenges to support care, reimbursement, mitigation plan and compliance
• ICD-10 coding for COVID-19 performance measures
• COVID-19 focused survey: new F-Tags
Survey focus on gradual dose reduction and clinical justification for continued use of psychotropic/behavior medications in long-term psychiatrics and skilled nursing facilities