The health care industry is under going huge changes and health care data analysts play a central role in this transformation. The drivers of these changes are costs, quality, the aging population and longevity, demand for health care value and transparency and population health management. Data analysis is a growing area for health information management (HIM) professionals. We have the talent, skills and knowledge to produce the information needed to improve business processes in health care.
This webinar will:
- Explain what data and data analysis are;
- Define the process of data analysis;
- Review the tools used by data analysts for better outcomes;
- Describe how to tell a story and make a conclusion about the data;
- Discuss the use of data analytics in health care; and
- Provide an example of live data analysis.
July 29, 2020
1.0 – Informatics, Analytics, and Data Use
Svetlana Woersching, MBA, RHIA, CCS, CPC
Coding Quality Analyst; Optum, UnitedHealth Group
Svetlana is an HIM professional with more than 15 years of experience in areas of data analytics, coding, and auditing in many health care settings. At present, she works for Optum, UnitedHealth Group as a coding quality analyst, quality improvement on different compliance projects for San Diego County, and developing training materials for providers to improve clinical documentation and audit outcomes. Svetlana has been an active member of AHIMA, CHIA and SDHIA.