Attorney Lynda M. Johnson and members of the HORNE Healthcare team address some of the most pressing issues and concerns for hospitals and health systems due to the uncertainty during the COVID-19 pandemic. In this prerecorded town hall meeting, the following questions will be addressed:
- HHS/Provider Relief Funds – What are strategies and best practices around capturing lost revenue and increased expenses? With numerous attestation portals, which ones apply to my facility and what documentation do they require?
- Financial Reporting and Compliance – How should relief funds be reported in a hospital or health system’s financial statements? What are the unique reporting and compliance requirements related to federal financial assistance under the Uniform Guidance for Single Audits?
- Return to Work – What aspects of the workplace have changed as we transition into a “new normal”? What are the necessary considerations and precautions to take as employers plan for a post-COVID-19 work environment?
- EMTALA – How do we navigate EMTALA in the COVID-19 landscape? What is the latest CMS guidance for hospitals on loosening or waiver of requirements?
- Infection Control – What is the latest guidance from CMS regarding infection control and prevention of COVID-19 in Hospitals? What do changes regarding patient triage, placement, limits to visitation and availability of 1135 waivers mean for my facility?
September 15, 2020
1.0 – Health Law and Compliance
Lynda M. Johnson in partnership with HORNE Healthcare
Lynda M. Johnson, Attorney at Friday, Eldredge & Clark, LLP
Little Rock, AR
Lynda M. Johnson has practiced in the health law area since 1986, representing a wide variety of healthcare providers including hospitals, physicians, physician groups, nursing homes, and home health agencies. Recently, her practice has focused around representation of hospitals and physicians in HIPAA compliance efforts and other areas of regulatory compliance. Her practice also includes issues involving Stark I and II and Anti-Kickback compliance, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, corporate compliance issues, physician and hospital organization issues, managed care, healthcare and hospital law, long-term care and home health.
HORNE Healthcare is a healthcare consulting, accounting and advisory firm. Guidance through today’s rapidly changing environment requires more than cursory understanding of healthcare. You need a collaborative partner with a solid record of performance in your field. HORNE helps you anticipate emerging trends and position your organization for success in an increasingly complex healthcare landscape.